Who is Morgan Spurlock?
Morgan Spurlock is an American filmmaker, TV producer and humorist best known for his star role in the reality TV series 30 Days from 2005 to 2008. Morgan gained prominence for productional credit on numerous noteworthy films and Television series, including Where in the World is Osama bin Laden? Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope, Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken!
Moreover, Morgan has reclaimed directional credit as the co-founder of the short-movies marketing company Cinelan, well known for producing the Focus Forward campaign for General Electric Company (GE).
|Full Name||Morgan Spurlock|
|Profession||American Documentary Filmmaker|
|Popular For||Executive producer and star of the reality television series 30 Days (2005–2008)|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2023)||53 year old|
|Date of Birth||November 7, 1970|
|Birthplace||Parkersburg, West Virginia, United States|
|Ethnicity||Scots-Irish and English|
|School||Woodrow Wilson High School (Beckley, West Virginia) & New York University Tisch School of the Arts|
|University||New York University|
|Height||Six ft. 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||84 kg (185 lbs.)|
|Estimated Net worth||$5 Million|
Family and Relationship
|Spouse||Sara Bernstein (m. 2016), Alex Jamieson (m. 2006–2011)|
|Siblings||Barry Spurlock, Craig Spurlock|
|Children||Laken James Spurlock, Kallen Marcus Spurlock|
Morgan Spurlock Biography Timeline
Morgan Spurlock is an American filmmaker, television producer, and writer known for his provocative and socially conscious documentaries. He gained widespread acclaim for his 2004 documentary “Super Size Me,” which examined the fast food industry’s impact on American health. Here is a detailed biography timeline of Morgan Spurlock:
- November 7, 1970: Morgan Spurlock was born in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
- 1993: Graduates from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts with a degree in film.
- 1994: Begins working as a producer and writer for the MTV reality series “I Bet You Will.”
- 2002: Creates and hosts the documentary series “30 Days,” which explores social issues by immersing individuals in different lifestyles for a month.
- 2004: Releases the documentary “Super Size Me,” in which he eats only McDonald’s food for 30 days to examine the fast food industry’s effects on health. The film received critical acclaim and earned an Academy Award nomination.
- 2005: Publishes a companion book to “Super Size Me” titled “Don’t Eat This Book: Fast Food and the Supersizing of America.”
- 2006: Directs the documentary “What Would Jesus Buy?,” which examines consumerism during the Christmas holiday season.
- 2008: Creates and hosts the reality series “30 Days,” which airs for three seasons.
- 2011: Releases the documentary “The Greatest Movie Ever Sold,” which explores product placement in movies and is financed entirely by product placement.
- 2012: Produces and hosts the reality series “A Day in the Life,” which profiles individuals in different fields.
- 2013: Releases the documentary “Mansome,” which examines modern masculinity and grooming habits.
- 2017: Admits to past sexual misconduct in a blog post and steps down from his production company, Warrior Poets.
- 2019: Returns to the public eye with the release of the documentary “Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken!,” which investigates the fast food industry’s use of chickens.
Early Life of Morgan Spurlock
Morgan was born “Morgan Valentine Spurlock” on November 7, 1970, to his parents, Phyllis Spurlock and Ben Spurlock. He came to the world in Parkersburg, West Virginia, with a firm belief in the life and teachings of John Wesley and was raised a Methodist. Coming to his ancestral background, Spurlock hailed from a mixed Scottish and English descent.
Education Qualification of Morgan
Morgan grew up alongside his siblings, Barry and Craig Spurlock, attending the Woodrow Wilson High School in Beckley, West Virginia. With a strong ambition towards entertainment and fine arts, Morgan studied at the New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts and earned a BFA in film in 1993. During college, Spurlock joined the social fraternity group Phi Gamma Delta, known as Fiji, founded in 1848.
Morgan’s Personal Life
The American TV personality is blessed with a son from his ex-wife, Alex Jamieson. The couple tied the knot in 2006 and had their first son, Laken James Spurlock, on December 9, 2006. After divorcing his former wife in 2011, Morgan took the oath with Sara Bernstein in 2016.
Afterwards, the duo was gifted with a son, Kallen Marcus Spurlock, on May 22 2016. Later, during an interview with TV Guide in 2014, Morgan restated that he is now an agnostic and refrained from his early upbringing as a Methodist.
What is Morgan Spurlock’s Fortune?
The American filmmaker and producer has yearned for a substantial net worth from his long-reigning career in production and filmography. Commendable sources claim to inform that the American director is estimated to have a net fortune of $5 million.
Morgan on Social Media
Morgan is available on various social handles, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. He has amassed over 23.1k followers on his Instagram @morganspurlocknyc with over 456 posts. Likewise, Spurlock’s other digital inclusion includes Twitter and Facebook, where he has collected over 130.9k followers @MorganSpurlock.
Physical Appearance of Morgan Spurlock
The American director currently resides in New York at 51. He is measured at the height of 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs about 84 kilograms. Ranked as one of the most popular Directors, Morgan possesses black coloured eyes with an edgy light brown hairstyle. The media have not revealed other information regarding the producer’s physio.
- Morgan has an NYU graduate degree in film from 1993.
- He is also known for his stand-up comedy act in LA during his early lifeline.
- Spurlock married his ex-wife, Alexandra Jamieson, on Tavarua Island in Fiji.
- The renowned American director was denied entry to USC film school five times.
- He is estimated to have a net worth of $5 million.
Frequently Asked Questions
Morgan Spurlock is an American documentary filmmaker, television producer, and screenwriter.
Morgan Spurlock is best known for his documentary film Super Size Me.
Morgan Spurlock was born on November 7, 1970.
Morgan Spurlock has made several documentary films, including Where in the World is Osama bin Laden? The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, and Rats.
Morgan Spurlock has produced several TV shows, including 30 Days, Inside Man, and The Simpson’s 20th Anniversary Special: In 3-D! On Ice!
Yes, Morgan Spurlock has won several awards for his documentary films and TV shows, including a Sundance Film Festival Grand Jury Prize for Super Size Me.
Yes, Morgan Spurlock is active on Twitter and Instagram.
Morgan Spurlock’s net worth is estimated to be around $10 million.
Morgan Spurlock attended the New York University Tisch School of the Arts.
Yes, Morgan Spurlock is married to Sara Bernstein, a TV executive.
Yes, Morgan Spurlock has a son named Laken James Spurlock.
Morgan Spurlock is interested in politics and has been involved in various political campaigns and causes.
Morgan Spurlock’s most recent project is the documentary Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken!, released in 2017.
There is no information available about Morgan Spurlock’s future career plans.
Yes, Morgan Spurlock has faced controversy over allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct, which led to the cancellation of his TV show Inside Man. He has also been criticized for the accuracy of his documentary films and for promoting unhealthy eating habits in Super Size Me.