Who is Mike Vitar?
Mike Vitar, whose full name is Michael Anthony Vitar, is a former American actor and fireman. He played Ben Franklin “Benny the Jet” Rodriguez in The Sandlot and Luis Mendoza in the final two Mighty Ducks films. Mike Vitar is a former actor best remembered for his appearance in the movie The Sandlot as Benny The Jet Rodriguez, which he played for 15 years. This tiny young person appeared to have a bright future in the film business, playing various exciting characters. Despite this, he departed the film industry relatively swiftly.
Later, he began his career as a fireman by working for Gerber Ambulance in Torrance in 1996 to launch into the EMS industry. Mike Vitar has been a Los Angeles Fire Department fireman since 2002. He is now based in Los Angeles.
|Celebrity Name||Mike Vitar|
|Popular For||As the Benny the Jet” Rodriguez in The Sandlot|
|Estimated Net Worth||$300,000|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (as of 2023)||44 years old|
|Birth Date||December 21, 1978|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|St. Francis High School|
Family and Relatives
|Wife (Spouse)||Kim Vitar|
|Siblings||Pablo Vitar and Elizabeth Vitar|
Mike Vitar is a former American actor who gained fame in the 1990s for his role in the movie “The Sandlot.” Here is a detailed biography timeline of Mike Vitar:
- December 21, 1987: Mike Vitar is born in Los Angeles, California.
- 1991: Vitar lands his breakthrough role as Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez in “The Sandlot.”
- 1992: Vitar appears in the movie “D2: The Mighty Ducks.”
- 1993: Vitar appears in the movie “Sunset Grill” and an episode of the TV series “Chicago Hope.”
- 1994: Vitar appears in the movie “D3: The Mighty Ducks.”
- 1995: Vitar appears in the TV movie “ER: The Movie.”
- 1997: Vitar appears in the movie “Dillinger and Capone,” his last credited acting role.
- 2002: Vitar becomes a firefighter with the Los Angeles Fire Department.
- 2015: Vitar and two other firefighters are sued by a man who claims they assaulted him during an altercation in 2013. Vitar pleads no contest to misdemeanour assault charges and is sentenced to six months of community service.
- 2021: Vitar retires from the Los Angeles Fire Department after 19 years of service.
Mike Vitar’s acting career was relatively short-lived, but his role in “The Sandlot” continues to be beloved by fans. He later found a new career as a firefighter and served with the Los Angeles Fire Department for nearly two decades. However, he also faced legal trouble for his involvement in an assault in 2013. Despite this, Vitar’s legacy as a childhood star lives on through his memorable performances in popular 90s movies.
Childhood and Early Life
When he was younger, he had numerous additional notable roles. On December 21, 1987, the actor was born. Mike Vitar was 44 years old in 2023 and was born in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Mike Vitar has two elder brothers and a sister. After playing the more aged version of his character in The Sandlot, his older brother, Pablo, joined the Los Angeles Police Department in 1996. On January 29, 2008, his brother died of colon cancer. Elizabeth, his elder sister, is his other sibling. Mike Vitar attended and graduated from St. Francis High School in La Canada, California, in 1997.
In the TV series Brooklyn Bridge 1991, he debuted as Anthony Gambuzza. The same year, Mike Vitar starred as Arturo in the film Diplomatic Immunity. Likewise, he played a little child in the 1993 film Sunset Grill. The 14-year-old actor starred in The Sandlot as Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez in the same year. This film earned Mike a Young Artist Award for Outstanding Youth Ensemble in Motion Picture. Similarly, in the same year, he starred as Luis Mendoza in D2: The Mighty Ducks movie.
In 1996, he reprised his role as the same character in D3: The Mighty Ducks, the third instalment in the sequel of the movies. He began working with Gerber Ambulance in Torrance the same year. In the Girl Talk of NYPD Blue episode, he starred as a teen. Likewise, he declared his retirement from acting in the same year. Mike Vitar joined the Los Angeles Fire Department as a fireman in June 2002. Mike Vitar is still serving there currently.
About his relationship status, Mike is happily married to his wife. Mike Vitar’s wife’s name is Kym Allen. Kym works as a photographer for a living. In 2006, they married. Three children were born to the marriage: Eli, born on March 12 2007; Wesley, born on April 30 2009; and Norah Paige, a daughter, born on January 31 2013.
The former American actor has a net worth of $300,000 as of 2020. His current employment is his primary source of income.
Unfortunately, Mike is inactive on social media websites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. So, he is also not on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- After 1997, he stopped his acting career and joined the fire department.
- He began acting after a casting director noticed him in line for a ride at a school fair when he was 12 years old.
- Mike Vitar is frequently known for Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez from The Sandlot.
- The Sandlot actor was in the headlines in November 2015 after being convicted of assaulting a young guy near a Halloween party.
- Mike has earned a Young Artist Award for Outstanding Youth Ensemble in Motion Picture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mike Vitar is an American actor who gained recognition for his role as Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez in the movie “The Sandlot.”
Mike Vitar was born on December 21, 1978, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Mike Vitar was 14 years old in The Sandlot.
Mike Vitar is currently in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Mike Vitar in the Sandlot is 183 cm tall.
Since 2002, Mike Vitar has served in Los Angeles as a firefighter in the Fire Department.
In addition to “The Sandlot,” Mike Vitar also appeared in movies such as “D2: The Mighty Ducks” and “D3: The Mighty Ducks,” where he portrayed Luis Mendoza.
After his role in “The Sandlot” and the “Mighty Ducks” movies, Mike Vitar appeared in a few more films. However, he eventually decided to leave the acting profession.
After retiring from acting, Mike Vitar pursued a career in the Los Angeles Fire Department. He became a firefighter and continued his service as a public servant.
No, Mike Vitar is no longer active in the entertainment industry. He made a career change and focused on his work as a firefighter.
In 2015, Mike Vitar was involved in an off-duty incident where he and two other firefighters were accused of assaulting a man during a Halloween party. After completing community service, Vitar reached a plea agreement, and the charges against him were dismissed.
Mike Vitar was around 16 when he portrayed Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez in “The Sandlot,” released in 1993.
Mike Vitar is of Mexican-American descent.