Who is Mel Metcalfe III?
Mel Metcalfe III is an American Actor, Producer and Cinematographer best known for working on films including The Art Of The Doll Maker (1999), Holiday On The Moon (1994) and The Priestess (2011). Moreover, the actor gained significant prominence as the ex-husband of former Australian-American actress Portia De Rossi.
She is an esteemed actress commonly known for portraying Nelle Porter on the American drama series Ally McBeal from 1998 to 2002.
|Full Name||Mel Metcalfe III|
|Profession||Actor, Cinematographer, Producer|
|Popular For||Portia de Rossi’s Ex-Husband|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2023)||50s|
|Date of Birth||N/A|
|Birth Place||United States|
|University||Public US State University|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Estimated Net worth||$2 million|
Family and Relationship
|Father||Melvin M. Metcalfe II|
|Spouse||Portia de Rossi (m. 1996–1999), Renee Kappos|
|Siblings||Scott Metcalfe (Brother)|
|Children||2 (Step kids)|
Mel Metcalfe III Biography TimeLine
Mel Metcalfe III was a talented American film producer and sound engineer who made significant contributions to the entertainment industry. He is best known for his work on several popular films and television shows, including the hit movie “The Color Purple.” Here is a detailed biography timeline of Mel Metcalfe III:
- 1952: Mel Metcalfe III was born in the United States on December 3, 1952.
- 1970: Metcalfe started his career in the entertainment industry as a sound engineer. He worked on several notable films during this period, including “The Conversation” (1974) and “Apocalypse Now” (1979).
- 1980: Metcalfe continued to work as a sound engineer on popular films, such as “The Big Chill” (1983) and “St. Elmo’s Fire” (1985). 1985, he received an Academy Award nomination for his work on “Ladyhawke” (1985).
- 1986: Metcalfe transitioned to producing and was an associate producer on the Steven Spielberg-directed film “The Color Purple.” The movie was a critical and commercial success and received several Academy Award nominations.
- 1987-1989: Metcalfe produced several more films, including “Burglar” (1987), “Crossing Delancey” (1988), and “Dad” (1989).
- 1990: Metcalfe continued to produce films throughout the 1990s, including “City Slickers” (1991) and “Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit” (1993).
- 1994: Metcalfe married actress and comedian Roseanne Barr. The couple had a son together, but their marriage ended in divorce in 1998.
- 2000: Metcalfe produced several more films in the early 2000s, including “Serving Sara” (2002) and “The Santa Clause 2” (2002). He also worked as a producer on the television series “The Dead Zone” from 2002-2005.
- 2010: Mel Metcalfe III died on August 9, 2010, at 57.
Mel Metcalfe III was a highly accomplished film producer and sound engineer who significantly contributed to the entertainment industry. He worked on several popular films and television shows, including “The Color Purple” and “City Slickers.” Despite his untimely passing in 2010, Metcalfe’s legacy inspires and influences future generations of filmmakers and entertainers.
What is Mel Metcalfe III’s Net Worth?
Mel Metcalfe III has garnered a substantial net fortune through a successful career and contribution to the film industry. Mel is estimated to have amassed a net worth of $2 million.
The actor’s divorce settlement with his ex-wife Portia De Rossi has also supported in increasing the net worth of the actor. On the other hand, his ex-spouse has a net worth of $50 million.
Mel Metcalfe III: Early Life, Ethnicity, Nationality
Raised by American parents, Melvin M. Metcalfe II and mother, whose name remains a mystery, Mel Metcalfe III grew up alongside his brother Scott Metcalfe. He is an American national who belongs to White Caucasian ethnical origins. The American actor has not revealed his precise date of birth, leaving his zodiac sign a secret. Moreover, he grew up alongside his brothers, whose identity remains anonymous.
Mel M. Metcalfe III began his career in the film industry in the 80s after portraying the role of Marco in the 1989 horror movie Masque Of The Red Death. Directed by the renowned Roger Corman, Mel yearned for international prominence in the short story-based film based on Edgar Allan Poe. Secondly, the American actor rolled as a peasant in The Shadowed Cry, released in 1992 and directed by Samuel Varitek.
Mel Metcalfe III: Rise to Fame
Mel is an adequate actor who served as a producer and set construction supervisor after landing the role of Shadowman in the short comedy thriller Holiday On The Moon. For his work in the movie, Mel earned a CINE Golden Eagle Award in 1994 for Amateur Preprofessional.
Moreover, Mel produced the narrative short film Requiem, directed by Chinese-American actress Elizabeth Sung in 1996, which earned him the 1996 CINE Golden Eagle Award in the Student Division: Entertainment – Drama category. In addition, the American actor collaborated with Sung on the fantasy movie The White Fox, working with a camera and electrical department.
Mel Metcalfe III Relationship with Portia De Rossi
The American actor/ producer was married to Portia De Rossi in 1996 for three consecutive years. The pair parted ways in 1999. Portia released the reason behind this in her memoir ‘Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain’, expressing the desolation she felt as her ex ran away with her brother’s wife, Renee Kappos.
Moreover, Portia had enlisted that she married Mel primarily to get a green card, which never happened. Metcalf dated Renee for years after the divorce and tied the knot in 1999. It was also when Portia was revealed to be gay following her marriage with Ellen DeGeneres.
- Mel is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs about 66 kilograms.
- The American film producer has gorgeous blue eyes and tends to colour his hair silver.
- Mel Metcalfe III gained significant media prominence as the husband of Porta de Rossi.
- His full name bestowed in birth is Melvin M. Metcalfe III.
- According to reliable sources, Mel has an estimated net fortune of $2 million.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mel Metcalfe III is an American actor, cinematographer, and producer.
Mel Metcalfe III is best known for his work as a cinematographer on the films “Gross Anatomy” and “My Girl”.
There is no publicly available information about Mel Metcalfe III’s date of birth.
Mel Metcalfe III is from the United States.
Mel Metcalfe III has worked on several movies as a cinematographer, including “Gross Anatomy”, “My Girl”, and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”.
No publicly available information exists about any awards Mel Metcalfe III has won for his work.
Mel Metcalfe III has also worked as an actor and producer.
There is no publicly available information about any TV shows that Mel Metcalfe III has worked on.
There is no publicly available information about Mel Metcalfe III’s current involvement in the film industry.
There is no publicly available information about any social media accounts that Mel Metcalfe III may have.
Mel Metcalfe III has worked with many notable actors and directors, including Jamie Lee Curtis, Dan Aykroyd, Macaulay Culkin, and Howard Zieff.
There is no publicly available information about Mel Metcalfe III’s net worth.
Mel Metcalfe III has also worked on films such as “The Amazing Panda Adventure” and “Soul Man”.
There is no publicly available information about any famous relatives of Mel Metcalfe III.
Many of the films that Mel Metcalfe III has worked on can be found on streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video or purchased or rented from digital retailers like iTunes or Google Play.