Who is Ted Turner?
Ted Turner, the birth name Robert Edward Turner III, is of famous personalitie who is professionally known as an American television producer, entrepreneur, media proprietor, and philanthropist. He was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, in the United States of America, on November 19, 1938. Ted is a bold, confident, energetic, stylish, and hardworking entrepreneur aged 85.
Moreover, Ted is popularly known as the founder of several television channels, including Cable News Network (CNN), the first 24-hour cable neTurner’ser’s company was one of the first to operate a new communications satellite to broadcast his station to a widespread cable television Network in 1975. Turner is also widely known as a chairman of the United Nations Foundation. He also created “he “Turner Founda “ion”, which focuses on philanthropic grants that concern the environment and overpopulation in 1990.
In the same way, Turner and Russian Journalist Eduard Sagalajev founded the Moscow Independent Broadcasting Company (MIBC) in 1993. He is an entrepreneur who devoted his vast assets to environmental causes. His biography is available on Wikipedia and IMDb websites.
|Full Name||Ted Turner, aka Robert Edward Turner III|
|Profession||American Television Producer, Entrepreneur, Media Proprietor as well as Philanthropist|
|Popular For||Second-Largest Private Landowner in the United States.|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2023)||85 years old|
|Date of Birth||November 19, 1938|
|Birth Place||Cincinnati, Ohio, the United States of America|
|Estimated net worth||$2.3 Billion|
Family and Relationship
|Father||Robert Edward Turner II|
|Wife||Jane Shirley Smith (1965-1988), Julia Gale Nye (1960-1964), Jane Fonda (1991-2001)|
|Children||Laura Turner (daughter), Beau Turner (Son), Rhett Turner (son), Robert Edward Turner IV (son), and Jennie Turner(daughter).|
|Siblings||Mary Jean (sister)|
Ted Turner Biography TimeLine
Ted Turner is a media mogul, philanthropist, and entrepreneur known for founding the Cable News Network (CNN) and owning the Atlanta Braves baseball team. He is also a prominent philanthropist, environmentalist, and advocate for nuclear disarmament.
- 1938: Robert Edward Turner III, also known as Ted Turner, was born on November 19, in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- 1960: Turner graduated from Brown University with a degree in Classics.
- 1970: Turner took over his father’s struggling advertising company and renamed it Turner Broadcasting System.
- 1976: Turner launched the Cable News Network (CNN), the first 24-hour cable news channel in the United States.
- 1980: Turner founded the Goodwill Games, an international multi-sport event that sought to promote peace and understanding between nations.
- 1985: Turner acquired the MGM film library, which included over 3,000 classic films.
- 1991: Turner merged Turner Broadcasting System with Time Warner in a $7.5 billion deal, creating one of the largest media conglomerates in the world.
- 1996: Turner founded the United Nations Foundation, which supports the work of the United Nations in areas such as global health, climate change, and women’s empowerment.
- 2018: Turner announced that he had been diagnosed with Lewy body dementia, a degenerative brain disease.
Throughout his life, Ted Turner has been a central figure in the media industry, influencing how news is reported and consumed. He has also been a committed philanthropist, using his wealth to support various causes, including environmental conservation, nuclear disarmament, and global health. Despite his diagnosis of dementia, Turner remains active in philanthropy and continues to be an inspiration to many.
Turner’ser’s Net Worth
Ted Turner is among the most reputed and hardworking American television producers, entrepreneurs, media proprietors, and philanthropists. He is an entrepreneur who devoted his vast assets to environmental causes. Likewise, he earns a handsome amount of money from his successful career. Regarding his net worth, his net worth is estimated to be US$ 2.3 billion.
Ted Turner Spouse
Turner married and divorced three times in his life. He married Julia Gale Nye in 1960 and divorced in 1964. Similarly, he married Jane Shirley Smith in 1965 and divorced in 1988. In the same way, He married the actress Jane Fonda in 1991 and divorced in 2001. He has five children altogether named Laura Turner (daughter), Beau Turner (Son), Rhett Turner (son), Robert Edward Turner IV (son), and Jennie Turner(daughter).
Ted Turner Land
Ted was popularly known as the largest private landowner in the United States until John C. Malone transcended him in 2011. He owns around 2 million acres of land in New Mexico, Georgia, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Much of his land is used for grazing over 50,000 bison, head of buffalo.
Ted Turner Ranch
Ted owns the Vermejo Park Ranch, a 550,000-acre guest ranch and nature reserve in Southern Colorado, northeastern New Mexico. He owns approximately 2 million acres of personal as well as ranch land. He is popularly known as the second-largest private landowner in the United States.
Ted Turner Health
Ted Turner revealed that he has been suffering from Lew Body Dementia since 2018, which leaves him exhausted and forgetful. More than 1.4 million Americans are affected by Body Dementia.
Ted Turner Restaurant
American bison rancher Ted Turner founded the restaurant naTed’sed’s Montana Grill along with the restaurateur George McKerroe Jr. The main motive of this restaurant is to stop the extinction of American bison.
Ted Turner Land Map
Ted Turner owns around 2 million acres of land in New Mexico, Georgia, Nebraska, and South Dakota. The map of his land is available on different websites.
- Ted Turner, the birth name Robert Edward Turner III, is a famous personality who is professionally known as an American television producer, entrepreneur, media proprietor, and philanthropist.
- He owns approximately 2 million acres of personal as well as ranch land.
- Turner married and divorced three times in his life.
- Regarding his net worth, his net worth is estimated to be US$ 2.3 billion.
- He is popularly known as the second-largest private landowner in the United States.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Turner Broadcasting System division of Time Warner owns CNN.
Ted Turner is an American television producer, entrepreneur, media proprietor, and philanthropist. He is best known as the founder of CNN, the first 24-hour cable news network.
Ted Turner owns TNT, Cartoon Network, CNN Headline News, CNN International, and Turner Classic Movies.
Ted Turner was born on November 19, 1938.
As of 2023, Turner’sTurner’ser’s net worth is about 2.3 billion.
No, After Ted Turner sold CNN to Time Warner, TNT is no longer owned by him.
Yes, Ted Turner is still alive.
Ted Turner’s full name is Robert Edward Turner III.
Ted Turner has been married three times, but none of his relationships lasted forever, and he is currently single.
Ted Turner sold CNN at $8 billion to Time Warners.
Yes, Ted Turner is still alive and is 85 years old as of 2023.
Robert Edward Turner III is the actual name of Ted Turner.
Robert Edward Turner III is the actual name of Ted Turner.
As of 2023, Ted Turner is 85 years old.
Robert Edward Turner III is suffering from Lewy body dementia.