Who is Stella Parton?
Stella Parton is an American actress, songwriter and singer best known for country singles that charted during the mid-to-late-1970s, including To Know Him Is to Love Him and I’m Not Lisa.
Likewise, Parton has prominently contributed to the movie industry with her role in numerous films and TV shows like The Color of Love: Jacey’s Story, Ghost Town and A Dance for Bethany. Moreover, Stella is renowned as the older sister of singer Randy Parton and the younger sister of country music entertainer Dolly Parton.
|Full Name||Stella Mae Parton|
|Stage Name||Stella Parton|
|Popular For||Known for a series of country singles that charted during the mid-to-late-1970s|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2023)||74 year old|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1949|
|Birth Place||Sevierville, Tennessee, United States|
|Height||Five ft. (1.52m.)|
|Estimated Net worth||$10 Million|
Family and Relationship
|Father||Robert Lee Parton|
|Mother||Avie Lee Owens|
|Spouse||Marvin Carroll Rauhoff (m. 1966–1970)|
|Siblings||Willadeene Parton, Randy Parton, Freida Estelle Parton, Dolly Parton, Rachel Dennison, Cassie Nan Parton, Larry Gerald Parton, Floyd Parton, Coy Denver Parton, David Wilburn Parton & Robert Lee Parton Jr.|
|Children||Timothy C. Rauhoff|
Stella Parton is an American country singer, songwriter, actress, and author. Born into a musical family, she began her career in the early 1970s and has released over 30 albums. She is best known for her hits “I Want to Hold You in My Dreams Tonight” and “Danger of a Stranger.” Here is a detailed timeline of her life and career:
- May 4, 1949: Stella Mae Parton was born in Sevier County, Tennessee, the sixth of twelve children to Avie Lee Owens Parton and Robert Lee Parton.
- 1964: Stella graduates from Sevier County High School in Sevierville, Tennessee.
- 1967: She moves to Nashville, Tennessee, to pursue a music career.
- 1970: Stella signs with Elektra Records and releases her debut album, “In the Garden,” which features her first charting single, “I’ve Loved You All Over the World.”
- 1975: She has her first Top 10 hit with “I Want to Hold You in My Dreams Tonight.”
- 1977: Stella releases her album “Love Ya,” which features her hit song “Danger of a Stranger.”
- 1984: She releases the album “I’m Not That Good at Goodbye,” which includes the hit single “The Danger of a Stranger.”
- 1990: Stella releases the album “Mountain Songbird,” which features her hit song “Appalachian Memories.”
- 1991: She publishes her autobiography, “Tell It Sister, Tell It.”
- 1999: Stella is inducted into the Smoky Mountain Music Hall of Fame.
- 2005: She stars in the off-Broadway play “7th Monarch.”
- 2017: Stella releases her album “I Believe,” which features her hit song “Heaven Sent Me You.”
- 2021: She releases her latest album, “Survivor,” which features songs inspired by her experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stella Parton has been known for her strong voice and dynamic performances throughout her career. She has also been involved in various philanthropic efforts, including supporting organizations such as the American Red Cross and the American Cancer Society. Despite facing many challenges and setbacks throughout her life, she has continued to pursue her passion for music and has remained an essential figure in the country music industry.
Early Life, Age and Education
Stella was born on May 4, 1949, in Sevierville, Tennessee, the sixth among 12 siblings to Robert Lett Parton Sr and Avie Lee Caroline. She is the younger sister of Dolly Parton by three years. According to her date of birth, Parton resides under the zodiac sign Taurus, while her ethnicity is invalid.
Raised in a poor-class Christian family, Parton finished her early schooling at Sevier Country School in Sevierville, Tennessee, US. To pursue her music career, the American actress moved to Nashville.
Husband and Relationships
Stella’s father owned a little tobacco farm and worked as an acreage. She is the sixth member, alongside her eleven siblings: Willadeene, Rachel Dennison, Cassie Nan and Frieda Estelle Parton. Her brothers are Coy Denver, Robert Lee Jr., Larry Gerald, David Wilburn, Randy and Floyd Parton.
The Marital status of Stella Parton is single. She was in a marital relationship with Marvin Carroll Rauhuff before high school graduation in 1966. The duo was gifted with their son Timothy C. Rauhoff.
Age, Height and Physical Appearance
Currently, at 74 years old, Stella’s height is measured at 5 feet, and the colour of her hair is black. Further information regarding Parton’s weight, shoe size and body measurements are unavailable online. We will be sure to publish the data in the coming days.
Social Activist and Influencer
Besides being a renowned entertainer and singer, the American actress indulges a specific sum of her time and attention in teaching women about domestic violence. She is also the national spokesperson for Christian Appalachian Project and Mothers Against Drunk Driving. Moreover, Stella contributes to the American Cancer Society as the National Honorary Country Music Ambassador.
Stella’s net worth has significantly grown since 2021, 22 and 23. She has made a successful career with an estimated net fortune of over $10 million. However, her properties and assets evaluation have not been exhibited publicly, with confidentiality maintained.
Like most famous personalities, Parton is available in the virtual world of connectivity. Her Instagram @stellapartonofficial has gained over 13.3k followers, whereas Parton is followed by over 137k followers on her official Twitter page @StellaParton. The American actress-singer joined Twitter in June 2009.
- Stella was the Victorian of the Album of the Year Award and Entertainer of the Year Award in 2006.
- She is currently 74 years old.
- According to Stella’s horoscope, she resides under the zodiac sign Taurus.
- A native of Tennessee, Stella was conceived by Robert Lee Parton Sr and Avie Lee Caroline (nee Owens).
- Parton comes from a famous family of artists, actors and musicians.
Frequently Asked Questions
Stella Parton is an American country singer and songwriter.
Stella Parton was born on May 4, 1949.
Stella Parton is 74 years old.
Stella Parton is best known for her song “I Want to Hold You In My Dreams Tonight,” which reached No. 11 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart in 1975.
Stella Parton has won several awards, including a Country Music Association Award for Vocal Duo of the Year in 1977 with her brother, Dolly Parton.
Stella Parton has recorded numerous songs, including “The Danger of a Stranger,” “Standard Lie Number One,” and “Undercover Lovers.”
Yes, Stella Parton still performs music and tours regularly.
Stella Parton has appeared in several TV shows and movies, including “A Country Christmas Story” and “The Beverly Hillbillies.”
Stella Parton has written several books, including her autobiography, “Tell It Sister, Tell It.”
Stella Parton’s net worth is estimated to be around $10 million.
Stella Parton is the younger sister of country music superstar Dolly Parton.
Stella Parton has been involved in numerous charitable organizations, including the American Cancer Society and the American Heart Association.
Yes, Stella Parton has one son named Timothy.
Stella Parton is an avid animal rights activist and has worked with several animal welfare organizations. She is also an ordained minister and has performed numerous weddings.