Who is Standup Comedian Sal Vulcano?
Salvatore Edward Anthony Vulcano, popularly known as “Sal”, is an improvisational and standup comedian, actor, and producer from Staten Island in New York City. He is a member of the comic ensemble The Tenderloins, including Joe Gatto, James Murray, and Brian Quinn.
Including these three members of The Tenderloins, the stars in the on-camera television show called Impractical Jokers. The show aired on December 15, 2011, on the TruTV television network and has been going strong since. Vulcano is the youngest member of the group.
|Full Name||Salvatore Edward Anthony Vulcano|
|Profession||Improvisation Comedian, Standup Comedian|
|Popular For||As Sal of Impractical Jokers|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2023)||47 years old|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1976|
|Birth Place||Staten Island, New York City|
|School/University||Monsignor Farrell High School, St. John’s University|
|Eye Color||Dark Green|
|Weight||Approx. 82 Kg|
|Estimated Net Worth||Approx. $7 Million|
Family and Relationship
|Father||Salvatore Vulcano Sr.|
|Mother||Dianne Fernandez- Vulcano|
|Wife or Girlfriend||N/A|
Sal Vulcano is a well-known American comedian, actor, and producer who rose to fame as one of the members of the comedy troupe “The Tenderloins.” He is best known for his role in the hit truTV series “Impractical Jokers,” which premiered in 2011. Over the years, Vulcano has become a prominent figure in the entertainment industry, showcasing his talents in various shows and movies. Here is a detailed biography timeline of his life and career.
- November 6, 1976: Sal Vulcano was born in Staten Island, New York City.
- 1994: Vulcano graduated from Monsignor Farrell High School in Staten Island.
- 1998: He graduated from St. John’s University with a degree in Finance.
- 1999-2000: Vulcano worked briefly in Finance before quitting to pursue a comedy career.
- 2006: He co-founded the comedy troupe “The Tenderloins” with his high school friends Joe Gatto, James Murray, and Brian Quinn.
- 2011: The Tenderloins’ hit TV series “Impractical Jokers” premiered on truTV, featuring Vulcano and his friends pranking each other in public.
- 2013: Vulcano appeared in the TV series “Jokers After Party” as himself.
- 2014: He appeared in the TV series “12 Angry Mascots” as himself.
- 2015: Vulcano appeared in the TV series “The Misery Index” as a co-host alongside Jameela Jamil and Brian Quinn.
- 2017: He made his acting debut in the comedy-drama film “The Big Sick” as a character named Sal.
- 2018: Vulcano appeared as himself in the TV series “What Say You?”.
- 2019: He voiced the character of Mr. McSweeney in the animated TV series “Crank Yankers.”
- 2020: Vulcano released his debut comedy special, “Sal Vulcano: Live from Staten Island”, on Comedy Central.
- 2021: He co-produced and starred in the movie “Impractical Jokers: The Movie 2.”
Early Life and Education
Vulcano was born on Staten Island and of Italian, Cuban, and Puerto Rican heritage. He went to Monsignor Farrell High School and was a member of the Improvisation Club with Gatto, Murray, and Quinn since they regarded it as a means to express themselves and meet ladies.
In 1998, he graduated from St. John’s University with a bachelor’s degree in Finance. He went to Monsignor Farrell High School, where he graduated in 1994.
Murray, Gatto, and Vulcano reconnected after graduating from college. He resumed practising improvisation in Gatto’s house, eventually visiting as an improv and sketch comedy team naming themselves the Tenderloins in 1999. The Tenderloins began collaborating on comedic skits, which they shared on YouTube, MySpace, and Metacafe, garnering millions of views. For the performance “Time Thugs”, the group won the $100,000 big prize in the NBC It Was Your Show competition 2007.
His most popular show, Impractical Jokers, aired on TruTV on December 15, 2011, and its first season drew over 32 million views. The show has become TruTV’s most popular series, putting Vulcano into the spotlight. Sal was the show’s most punished joker in November 2017. Additionally, the show named The Misery Index, presented by Jameela Jamil and based on Andy Breckman’s card game “Shit Happens”, featured Vulcano and the other members of The Tenderloins in 2019. The show was active for three years till 2021.
He hosted a podcast called What Say You? in collaboration with his best friend, Brian Quinn. “What Say You?” a Vulcano and Quinn-hosted infrequent podcast, has already won Best New Show at the 2013 Stitcher Awards. Because of the growing success of What Say You, Joe Gatto and James Murray decided to start their own Tenderloins podcast without the other two members. At the 10th Annual Podcast Awards 2015,” What Say You?” was again nominated for the Comedy, Entertainment, and Best Produced Podcast Awards. The podcast is their side project, not replacing The Tenderloins Podcast.
Personal Life and Relationship Status
Vulcano is troubled by germophobia (fear of germs), acrophobia (fear of cats), and ailurophobia (fear of cats). Because of this, the punishment he gets in The Impractical Jokers haunts him because it features many disciplines which torment him many times. In an episode of Impractical Jokers, he stated that he was hit by a car when he was four years old. As a consequence of punishment on the program, Vulcano got a tattoo of Jaden Smith on his left thigh.
Vulcano further displays an updated tattoo of Jaden Smith, which was inked on Vulcano’s right thigh in Impractical Jokers: The Movie. He is single and unmarried, and his relationship status is entirely private. He starred with a daughter as an actor in the show but did not have children.
Age, Height, Weight and Physical Appearances
Vulcano birthday is November 6, and he is 47 years old. Sal is exceptionally tall. His height has fascinated most people since he was a basketball player in high school. He stands at an altitude of 5 feet 9¾ inches. This corresponds to 1.77 meters or 177 centimetres. Vulcano has light brown hair and dark green eyes and weighs 82 kilos.
Vulcano is an ordained minister who has officiated the wedding of fellow Tenderloins member Joe Gatto. Jenna Vulcano is his younger sister. Murray married Jenna in the season 3 finale of “Brother-in-Loss,” however, the marriage was annulled a few days later. He has two more sisters, Diana and Kelly Ann, the oldest. Due to punishment on the show, Vulcano was dubbed Prince Herb for the rest of the program’s season and all his media appearances in February 2021. On April 29, 2021, the punishment episode aired.
Net Worth And Social Media
Speaking of his net worth, it is estimated that he has a total of $7 million, which he has accumulated over time through his comedy career. About his social media, Sal is very active on Twitter with an account called @SalVulcano with a fan following of around 1 million. He is active on other platforms, too.
- He has a tattoo of Jaden Smith on both thighs as a form of punishment on his show.
- He hosted a podcast called “What Say You?” with his best friend, Brian Quinn.
- Vulcano was dubbed Prince Herb for the rest of the program’s season, which aired on April 29, 2021, as a result of the punishment of the show.
- Vulcano is an ordained minister who has officiated the wedding of fellow Impractical Jokers member Joseph Gatto.
- He has mixed ethnicity, which is Italian, Cuban and Puerto Rican descent.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sal Vulcano is an American comedian, actor, and producer who is part of the comedy troupe The Tenderloins. They are best known for their TV show, Impractical Jokers, on truTV.
Sal Vulcano was born on November 5, 1976, He is 47 years old as of 2023.
Sal Vulcano’s net worth is estimated to be around $7 million.
Sal Vulcano is from Staten Island, New York.
No, Sal is still part of Impractical Jokers.
Yes, Sal still gets kicked off Impractical Jokers.
Yes, Vulcano has been removed to Prince Herb.
Vulcano suffers from acrophobia, germophobia, and ailurophobia.
Yes, Sal Vulcano is still Prince Herb.
Sal Vulcano can be found by clicking on the packages filter to view all available tickets quickly.
Sal lives in Staten Island.
Sal Vulcano is of Italian, Cuban, and Puerto Rican descent.
Sal Vulcano attended St. John’s University in New York City, where he studied Finance.
Yes, Sal Vulcano has three siblings. He has a sister named Jenna Vulcano and two other siblings.
Yes, Sal Vulcano has a tattoo of Jaden Smith on his thigh, which resulted from punishment on Impractical Jokers.
Yes, Sal Vulcano is active on social media. He has accounts on Instagram (@salvulcano) and Twitter (@SalVulcano).