Who is Richard Thomas?
Richard Thomas is a renowned American actor best known for his central cast role as John-Boy Walton in the CBS TV series The Waltons. Garnished with esteemed accolades, Thomas has been commended with an Emmy Award for his role in the CBS series. Additionally, for his tremendously exhilarating contribution, Richard Thomas has garnered over two Golden Globe Award nominations and another Emmy nomination.
Moreover, Richard gained media attention in his 1990 TV miniseries It, an adaptation of Stephen King’s epic horror—his play as the character of Special Agent Frank Gaad on FX’s spy thriller sitcom The Americans.
|Full Name||Richard Thomas|
|Popular For||He is best known for his leading role in John-Boy Walton in the CBS drama, The Waltons.|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2023)||72 year old|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1951|
|Birth Place||Manhattan, New York, United States|
|School||McBurney School and Allen-Stevenson School|
|Height||Five ft. 8 inches (1.74 m)|
|Weight||51 kg (112 lbs.)|
|Estimated Net worth||$7 Million|
Family and Relationship
|Father||Richard S. Thomas|
|Spouse||Georgiana Bischoff (m. 1994), Alma Gonzales (m. 1975–1993)|
|Children||Gweneth Gonzales Thomas, Montana James Thomas, Richard Francisco Thomas, Pilar Alma Thomas and Barbara Ayala Thomas|
Richard Thoma Biography TimeLine
Richard Thomas is an American actor known for his role as John-Boy Walton on the television series “The Waltons,” for which he won an Emmy Award. Born in New York City in 1951, Thomas began acting at a young age and had a successful career in television and theatre. Here is a timeline of Richard Thomas’s life and career:
- June 13, 1951: Richard Thomas was born in New York City to Barbara and Richard S. Thomas.
- 1958: Thomas makes his Broadway debut at seven in “Sunrise at Campobello.”
- 1962: He appears in the film “The Miracle Worker” alongside Anne Bancroft and Patty Duke.
- 1971: Thomas stars as John-Boy Walton in the television series “The Waltons,” which airs until 1981.
- 1973: He wins an Emmy Award for his role in “The Waltons.”
- 1975: Thomas debuts his feature film “All the President’s Men” alongside Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman.
- 1980: He stars in the television miniseries “The Big Red One” alongside Lee Marvin.
- 1991: Thomas stars in the Broadway production of “Four Baboons Adoring the Sun.”
- 1993: He appears in the television movie “The Fire Next Time.”
- 1998: Thomas stars in the Broadway production of “The Front Page.”
- 2001: He joins the cast of the television series “The Education of Max Bickford.”
- 2004: Thomas stars in the Broadway production of “A Naked Girl on the Appian Way.”
- 2009: He appears in the television series “Lie to Me.”
- 2011: Thomas stars in the television movie “Beyond the Blackboard.”
- 2017: He stars in the Broadway production of “The Little Foxes.”
Richard Thomas has received numerous awards and nominations, including Emmy Awards, Tony Award nominations, and a Drama Desk Award. He has also been involved in various philanthropic efforts, including supporting the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and serving as a board member for the World Wildlife Fund. Thomas continues to act in television, film, and theatre and remains a respected figure in the entertainment industry.
Richard Thomas Bio
Richard was born on June 13, 1951, to an American family in Manhattan, New York, United States of America. Thomas was filled with all the privileges growing up to esteemed performer and ballet professional Richard S. Thomas and Barbara Fallis. Reining from American nationality, Richard believes in the Zen religion, while his zodiac sign, according to date of birth, resides in Gemini.
After completing his initial study and high school at the McBurney School and Allen-Stevenson School, Richard continued his undergraduate study at Columbia University, majoring in Chinese. Initially, Thomas began with Chinese but later changed to the English department. Still, Richard left his college during his junior year since he was committed to acting the role in Los Angeles.
Professional Career of Richard Thomas
Beginning with enthusiasm and the correct determination from an early age, Thomas invested in acting at seven in the Broadway play Sunrise at Campobello. He performed in the 1959 TV show A Doll’s House.
The American actor gained prominence throughout his acting career in the 1960s when he played in the soap series A Flame in the Wind, The Edge of Night and As the World Turns. After nearly a decade in soap operas, the American actor took his initials in the movie Winning (1969).
Moreover, despite playing in numerous films, Thomas proved his excellence in the 1972 TV series The Waltons, portraying John Walton. He then rolled in the next film in the following years, including The Red Badge of Courage (1951), Living Proof (2008), The Master of Ballantrae (1984) and Final Jeopardy (1985).
Who is Richard’s Wife?
The American actor has been married twice throughout his lifetime. He Formerly married Alma Gonzales; the duo tied the knot on Valentine’s Day in 1975. The couple had their first son, Richard Francisco and later were blessed with three more daughters named Pilar, Barbara and Gwyneth. Coming close towards their 20th anniversary, the duo split ways in 1993.
Secondly, Richard tied the knot with Georgiana Bischoff, an art dealer by profession, on November 20, 1994. The pair were gifted with Montana James Thomas from his marriage with Bischoff.
New York-based actor Richard Thomas enjoys life off the grid while keeping a low-key profile in the digitally accepted social world. The American actor is unavailable on social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter. An unofficial Twitter handle, @Richard Thomas, has prevailed since November 2011 and has over 2.6k followers.
- Richard attended the Columbia University
- He is the guardian of his five children.
- Thomas has been married twice, formerly to Alma Gonzales and then to Georgiana Bischoff in 1994.
- The American actor is a practitioner of Zen Religion.
- The veteran actor rests abundantly with a net worth of $7 million.
Frequently Asked Questions
Richard Thomas is an American actor known for his TV and movie roles.
Richard Thomas was born on June 13, 1951.
Richard Thomas is best known for his role as John-Boy Walton in the TV show The Waltons.
Richard Thomas has appeared in several TV shows, including The Americans, The Good Wife, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Richard Thomas has starred in several movies, including Battle Beyond the Stars (1980) and Taking Woodstock (2009).
Yes, Richard Thomas has won several awards for acting, including an Emmy Award for his role in The Waltons.
There is no information available about Richard Thomas’ social media accounts.
Richard Thomas’ net worth is estimated to be around $6 million.
Richard Thomas attended Columbia University and graduated with a degree in English literature.
Yes, Richard Thomas has been married twice. His current wife is Georgiana Bischoff.
Yes, Richard Thomas has five children.
Richard Thomas is 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm) tall.
Richard Thomas’ most recent project is the TV show The Americans, in which he played the role of Frank Gaad.
There is no information available about Richard Thomas’ hobbies and interests.
There is no information about Richard Thomas’ future career plans, but he has expressed interest in continuing to work in TV and movies.