Who is Pat Benatar?
Pat Benatar is an American actress, singer and songwriter who rose to fame in the late 1970s and 1980s with her powerful vocals and energetic performances. With hit songs like “Heartbreaker.”
“Hit Me With Your Best Shot,” and “Love is a Battlefield,” she became one of the most iconic rock musicians of her time.
Her music continues to be celebrated today and has influenced countless artists in the rock genre. Pat Benatar’s distinctive voice and fierce stage presence have made her a beloved icon in the music industry, and her contribution to rock music has earned her a well-deserved place in music history.
|Full Name||Pat Benatar|
|Popular For||He is an American rock singer and songwriter known professionally as Pat Benatar.|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2022)||69 year old|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1953|
|Birthplace||Greenpoint, New York, United States|
|School||The Juilliard School and Lindenhurst Senior High School|
|University||Stony Brook University|
|Height||5 feet 1 inches (1.52 m)|
|Estimated Net worth||$40 million|
Family and Relationship
|Spouse||Neil Giraldo (m. 1982), Dennis T. Benatar (m. 1972–1979)|
|Siblings||Andrew William Andrzejewski|
|Children||Hana Giraldo, Haley Giraldo|
Pat Benatar Biography TimeLine
Pat Benatar is a highly acclaimed American singer and songwriter known for her powerful vocals and hit songs in the rock and pop genres. Born in New York in 1953, Benatar began her career in the 1970s and quickly rose to fame with chart-topping singles like “Heartbreaker” and “Hit Me With Your Best Shot.” She has sold over 30 million records worldwide and won four Grammy Awards. Here is a timeline of her life and career.
- January 10, 1953: Pat Benatar is born Patricia Mae Andrzejewski in Brooklyn, New York.
- 1971: Benatar begins performing in clubs and coffeehouses in New York City.
- 1977: Benatar signs a recording contract with Chrysalis Records and releases her debut album, “In the Heat of the Night,” which includes the hit single “Heartbreaker.”
- 1979: Benatar releases her second album, “Crimes of Passion,” which features the hit singles “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” and “Treat Me Right.”
- 1980: Benatar wins her first Grammy Award for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance for “Crimes of Passion.”
- 1981: Benatar releases her third album, “Precious Time,” which includes the hit single “Fire and Ice.”
- 1982: Benatar wins her second consecutive Grammy Award for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance for her album “Precious Time.”
- 1983: Benatar releases her fourth album, “Get Nervous,” which features the hit single “Shadows of the Night.”
- 1984: Benatar wins two Grammy Awards for her album “Live from Earth,” including Best Female Rock Vocal Performance and Best Video Album.
- 1985: Benatar releases her sixth album, “Seven the Hard Way,” which includes the hit single “Invincible.”
- 1989: Benatar takes a hiatus from music to focus on raising her family.
- 1991: Benatar returns to the music scene with her album “True Love,” which features a collection of classic rock and blues covers.
- 1997: Benatar releases her first album of original material in seven years, “Innamorata,” which includes the hit single “Strawberry Wine.”
- 2003: Benatar is inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame.
- 2018: Benatar and her husband and collaborator, guitarist Neil Giraldo, release their 40th-anniversary album, “Dancing Through the Wreckage: The Best of Pat Benatar.”
Pat Benatar’s career has been marked by her powerful vocals and hit songs and her influence on the rock and pop music scenes of the 1970s and 1980s. With her distinctive voice and energetic stage presence, Benatar has become a beloved rock and roll icon, and her music continues to inspire and resonate with fans worldwide.
Early Life, Family and Education: Pat Benatar
The Celebrated American singer-songwriter came to this world on January 10, 1953, in Brooklyn, New York, United States. Her birth name is Patricia Mae Andrzejewski, and she was raised in a Polish-American family.
Pat’s father was a sheet metal worker, while her mother was a beautician. She has two younger siblings: Cathy and a brother named Andrew.
Pat Benatar attended Lindenhurst Senior High School on Long Island, where she excelled academically and musically. She was a school drama club member and played the flute in the school band.
After graduating high school, Pat enrolled at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, where she pursued health education. However, she dropped out of college after one year to pursue a music career.
Pat Benatar’s Professional Life
Pat Benatar’s professional career began in the late 1970s when she released her debut album, “In the Heat of the Night,” which included the hit singles “Heartbreaker” and “We Live for Love.”
The album was followed by the release of her second album, “Crimes of Passion,” which was a massive success and included hit singles like “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” and “Treat Me Right.”
Throughout the 1980s, Pat Benatar continued to release successful albums, such as “Precious Time,” “Get Nervous,” and “Seven the Hard Way.” She won several Grammy Awards, including Best Female Rock Vocal Performance, four times from 1980 to 1983.
Benatar’s music career took a break in the 1990s, during which she focused on her family life. However, she returned in the early 2000s and released several albums, including “Go” in 2003 and “Innamorata” in 1997.
Actress Pat Benatar
Apart from her music career, Pat Benatar has also worked as an actress. She made her debut as an actress in the 1983 movie “The Mystery of Edwin Drood,” and later appeared in other films and TV shows, including “Touched By an Angel” and “Charmed.”
Pat Benatar has had a successful and influential career in music and acting.
Personal Life, Relationships and Legacy of Pat Benatar
Pat married her high school sweetheart, Dennis T. Benatar, in 1971. They moved to Richmond, Virginia, where Pat began her career in music.
However, they divorced in 1979, and she married her guitarist, Neil Giraldo, in 1982. They have been together ever since and have two daughters, Haley and Hana.
Haley was born in 1985 and followed in her parent’s footsteps to become a musician. She has released several albums and has performed on stage with her parents. Hana was born in 1944 and is a visual artist.
Height, Weight and Physical Measurement
Par Benatar’s height is approximately 5 feet 1 inch, and her weight is around 53 kilograms. Her eye colour is brown, and she is an American by nationality whose zodiac sign, according to her date of birth, is Capricorn.
What is Pat Benatar’s Net Worth in 2023?
As of 2023, Pat Benatar’s net worth is around $40 million. She earned most of her wealth from her successful music career spanning several decades. She has over 30 million records worldwide and won multiple awards, including four Grammy Wards.
She has also earned money from acting, appearing in several movies and TV shows. Overall, Pat Benatar has had a successful and lucrative career and continues to be a beloved icon in the music industry.
- Pat was initially studying to become an opera singer before she switched to rock music.
- Her hit song “Love is a Battlefield” was the background music for a dance scene in the movie “13 Going on 30.”
- In 1981, Benatar won the first-ever MTV Video Music Award for Best Female Video for “You Better Run.”
- She has been inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame and Women’s Hall of Fame.
- Benatar has collaborated with her husband, Neil Giraldo, on most of her music, and he has also served as her lead guitarist throughout her career.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pat Benatar is an American singer, songwriter, and musician known for her powerful vocals and hit songs.
Pat Benatar was born on January 10, 1953, in Brooklyn, New York, United States.
Some of Pat Benatar’s most famous songs include “Hit Me with Your Best Shot”, “Love Is a Battlefield”, and “We Belong”.
Pat Benatar has won multiple awards, including four Grammy Awards.
Pat Benatar’s first hit song was “Heartbreaker”, released in 1979.
Pat Benatar has collaborated with many musicians, including Neil Giraldo, Mick Jagger, and Eddie Van Halen.
Pat Benatar’s biggest-selling album is “Crimes of Passion”, released in 1980.
Pat Benatar appeared in several movies and television shows throughout her career, including “The Big Picture” and “The Simpsons”.
Yes, Pat Benatar is skilled in playing the guitar and piano.
Pat Benatar has a vocal range of three octaves and a half-tone.
Pat Benatar was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2020.
Pat Benatar is an advocate for women’s rights and has been involved in various charitable causes, including breast cancer research.
Pat Benatar has two daughters with her husband and collaborator, Neil Giraldo.
As of 2021, Pat Benatar’s net worth is estimated at around $35 million.
Pat Benatar continued to perform and tour and released a memoir titled “Between a Heart and a Rock Place” in 2010.