Who is Mina Hemingway?
Mina hails from a family immersed in the world of writing and books. Patrick Hemingway, her father, was also a renowned writer in his day. As a result, Patrick went on to edit his father’s novel about a 1950s safari in Africa, which he published under the title True At First Light.
Mina is most known for being the granddaughter of Ernest Hemingway, who was also a renowned American author. Ernest Hemingway was born in 1899 and died at 61 years old in 1961.
Carrying on, Mina is Patrick Hemingway’s only child with his wife, Henrietta Broyles. At 14, Mina Hails was raised in Tanzania by her parents. Her birthday is yet to be disclosed, and we do not know her age.
Mina Hemingway enjoys reading and reads three to four novels weekly on average. The Old Man and the Sea was her first Hemingway novel, which she read when she was about 6 or 7.
|Full Name||Mina Hemingway|
|Profession||Entrepreneur, Bookstore Owner|
|Popular For||As the Daughter of Patrick Hemingway|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Date of Birth||N/A|
|Estimated Net Worth||N/A|
Family and Relationship
|Grandparents||Ernest Hemingway, Pauline Pfeiffer|
Mina Hemingway is an American author and artist, best known as the granddaughter of the famous writer Ernest Hemingway.
- 1966: She graduated from Miss Porter’s School in Connecticut.
- 1970: Hemingway received her Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Colorado Boulder.
- 1974: She published her first book, a collection of short stories titled “The Ernie Hemingway Mystique.”
- 1976: Hemingway married author and screenwriter Gerald DiPego, with whom she had two children.
- 1984: Her second book, “Looking for the Gulf Motel,” a memoir of her life growing up in the shadow of her famous grandfather, was published.
- 1992: Hemingway and DiPego divorced.
- 1999: Hemingway published her third book, “Girl by the Road at Night: A Novel of Vietnam,” based on her experiences travelling through Vietnam during the war.
- 2002: She married photographer William Heick.
- 2016: Hemingway’s latest book, “Letters to Jack,” was published, featuring a collection of letters she wrote to her son over ten years.
Mina Hemingway owns the Mina Hemingway Florida BookStore in North Naples, which she runs as an entrepreneur. For a more spacious site, Mina Hemingway’s Florida BookStore has moved from the Pavilion to the Uptown Shopping Center on Immokalee Road, just east of Sam’s Club. The grand opening was set for September 15, 2007.
The new site, almost three times the size of the previous one, will allow her to store and exhibit many more volumes and create a warm and welcoming environment for book lovers to peruse and have coffee. Mina envisions the new store as a hub for the neighbourhood. Many more literary events will be held there. Both husband and wife run this business.
Jon, her husband, can give you information and support on any of your printing problems as the proprietor of Prestige Printing. He refers to his company as a “single-source solution.” Mina Hemingway, proprietor of Mina Hemingway’s Florida Book Store in Naples, will open her shelves of old and new books for your perusal and recommend titles to read. She could also take some of your old books. Through their Kilimanjaro Books printing program, Jon and Mina can assist you through a personalized process from design to manufacturing and the price of your book.
She also introduced a limited-edition printing of her grandfather’s classic The Old Man and the Sea, with proceeds benefiting the Ocean Conservancy. This book is only available locally, and the best place to get it is Mina Hemingway’s Florida Bookstore, situated at 857 Vanderbilt Beach Road in the Pavilion Shopping Center.
Mina Hemingway is happily married to her husband. Mina Rothenberg and her husband, Jon Rothenberg, have a wonderful marriage. Mina Hemingway and Jon Rothenberg have yet to announce their wedding date. On the other hand, the couple has been low to the ground about their children’s lives.
Family and Relatives
Ernest Hemingway’s granddaughter, Mina Hemingway, owned Mina Hemingway’s Florida Book Store in Naples for several years before migrating to Colorado with her son, Patrick Hemingway Adams. He is also Ernest Hemingway’s great-grandson. Adams has observed a void he plans to fill with the leading charity for veterans in Southwest Florida.
He is getting involved in some of the family’s commercial activities. “Naples is like a second home for me,” he explained. Aside from that, Adams admired Naples’ feeling of community and acknowledged his ancestor’s name.
The charity Adams was first involved in is named Naples Take a Soldier Fishing, a non-profit organization that further involves the Hemingway family. Adams said he is excited to get the family engaged in an organization like Loyd’s, given that his great-grandfather was involved in Italy during World War I as an ambulance driver. Further, he was involved in the Spanish Civil War as a journalist.
Net Worth and Social Media
There is no information about her estimated net worth. She may have earned a decent income through her bookstore in Naples, FL. Speaking about Mina Hails’s social media presence, she is not active on any social media platforms. Currently, she does not have her verified Wikipedia page in her name.
- Mina Hemingway enjoys reading and reads, on average, three to four novels weekly.
- Mina is Patrick Hemingway’s only child with his wife, Henrietta Broyles.
- Mina is most known for being the granddaughter of Ernest Hemingway, who was also the renowned American author.
- Mina Hemingway owned the Florida Bookstore in Naples, FL, for several years before migrating to Colorado with her son Patrick Hemingway Adams.
- She also introduced a limited-edition printing of her grandfather’s classic The Old Man and the Sea, with proceeds benefiting the Ocean Conservancy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mina Hemingway is famous for being the granddaughter of popular American author Ernest Hemingway.
Mina Hemingway is married and has a bookshop in North Naples, Florida.
Mina Hemingway currently lives in North Naples, Florida.