Who is New York Times Correspondent Michael S. Schmidt?
Michael is a journalist, correspondent and author based in America. He works for the New York Times and covers federal enforcement and national security-related high-profile stories. Michael has been working as a national security contributor at popular networks like NBC and MSNBC News.
Some famous stories Schmidt brought into light include Hillary Clinton using a private email server and Donald Trump asking for a security pledge from James Comey- Michael received a Pulitzer Prize for this.
|Full Name||Michael S. Schmidt|
|Profession||Journalist, correspondent, author|
|Popular For||His work as a News correspondent|
|Age (As of 2023)||40 years old|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1983|
|Birth Place||Nyack, New York, America|
|School/University||John Randolph Tucker High School, Lafayette College|
|Height||5 feet, 6 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Estimated Net Worth||N/A|
|Wife or Girlfriend||N/A|
|Social Media||Twitter, LinkedIn|
Biography TimelineMichael S. Schmidt is an American journalist and The New York Times correspondent. He is best known for covering national security and law enforcement issues. Here is a detailed biography timeline of Michael S. Schmidt:
- 1983: Michael S. Schmidt was born on September 28, 1983, in Michigan, USA.
- 2005: He earned a Bachelor of Arts in History from Lafayette College.
- 2005-2008: Schmidt worked as a crime reporter at The Times-Picayune in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 2009: He joined The New York Times as a reporter and covered national security and law enforcement issues.
- 2011-2014: Schmidt covered the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for The New York Times and broke several high-profile stories related to the bureau.
- 2017: Schmidt won a Pulitzer Prize as part of The New York Times team for covering Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections.
- 2019: He authored the book “Donald Trump v. The United States: Inside the Struggle to Stop a President,” chronicling Trump’s presidency and his clashes with law enforcement officials.
Age, Height, Birthday, Parents
Schmidt’s birthday fell on September 23, 1983. Sources say he grew up in Nyack, New York, America. Schmidt’s mother is Rachel Schmidt. Details about other family members remain unknown.
Michael went to John Randolph Tucker High School and later graduated from Lafayette College in Pennsylvania, concentrating in International Affairs. Schmidt stands at five feet, six inches. He has black hair and dark brown eyes.
Schmidt sees Nicolle Wallace, a television personality. Wallace was the communications director at the White House during Bush’s administration. She became Sarah Palin’sPalin’s adviser when Sen. John McCain ran for a presidential bid in 2008.
Nicolle’s ex-huNicolle’sMark Wallace, the US ambassador. They were in a marriage for fourteen years. Nicole has a son, too.
Michael started working at The Boston Globe in 2004. A year later, he went to work as a news clerk at The Times. Schmidt covered stories about the use of performance-enhancing drugs and other practices in the sports arena during December.
Schmidt worked as The Times correspondent in Iraq back in 2011. He contributed as a reporter and uncovered stories about how the Justice Department was charging FIFA executives and stories about Hillary Clinton and Trump.
Schmidt’sSchmidt’sh is under review.
- His zodiac sign is Libra.
- He is inactive on Instagram.
- Find him on Twitter @nytmike.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is rumoured that Michael Schmidt has a daughter, but any details regarding his daughter are unavailable.
Michael Schmidt has an estimated height of 5 feet and 6 inches.
There are no details regarding Michael S. Schmidt’s date.