Who is Melanie Griffith?
Melanie Griffith is an American actress who gained prominence for her role in Brian De Palma’s thriller Body Double in 1984, earning her a National Society of Film Critics Award under the category Best Supporting Actress. Likewise, for her role in the romantic comedy film Working Girl in 1986, the American actress was commended with a Golden Globe Award and an Academy Award for Best Actress nominations.
|Full Name||Melanie Griffith|
|Popular For||portraying an actor in pornographic films in Brian De Palma’s thriller Body Double (1984)|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2022)||65 years old|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1957|
|Birth Place||New York, New York, United States|
|School||Hollywood Professional School and St. Cyril of Jerusalem Church and School|
|University||Stella Adler Studio of Acting & Los Angeles Pierce College|
|Height||Five ft. 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||63 kg (139 lbs.)|
|Estimated Net worth||$40 Million|
Family and Relationship
|Spouse||Don Johnson (m. 1976-1976), Steven Bauer (m. 1981-1989), Don Johnson (1989-1996) & Antonio Banderas (m. 1996-2015)|
|Siblings||Tracy Griffith, Clay A. Griffith|
|Children||Dakota Johnson, Stella Banderas, Alexander Bauer|
Melanie Griffith Biography TimeLine
Melanie Griffith is an American actress and producer who rose to fame in the 1980s with her roles in films like “Body Double,” “Something Wild,” and “Working Girl.” Born in New York City in 1957 to actress Tippi Hedren and advertising executive Peter Griffith, Melanie’s early life was spent in Hollywood, where her mother worked in the film industry. She started her acting career in the early 1970 and, since then, has become a well-known name in Hollywood. Here is a timeline of Melanie Griffith’s life and career:
- August 9, 1957: Melanie Griffith is born in New York City to actress Tippi Hedren and advertising executive Peter Griffith.
- 1975: Griffith makes her film debut in “The Drowning Pool” at 18.
- 1978: She appears in the film “Night Moves” alongside Gene Hackman and Jennifer Warren.
- 1984: Griffith earns critical acclaim for her role in Brian De Palma’s “Body Double.”
- 1986: She stars in Jonathan Demme’s “Something Wild,” which earns her a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress.
- 1988: Griffith receives her first Academy Award nomination for her role in Mike Nichols’ “Working Girl.”
- 1995: She marries Spanish actor Antonio Banderas, whom she met while filming “Two Much.”
- 1999: Griffith gives birth to their daughter, Stella.
- 2003: She stars in the Broadway production of “Chicago” as Roxie Hart.
- 2009: Griffith and Banderas announce their separation after 18 years of marriage.
- 2012: She returns to television with a recurring role on the show “Raising Hope.”
- 2015: Griffith reveals that she has been diagnosed with epilepsy.
- 2017: She receives treatment for skin cancer on her nose.
- 2020: Griffith joins the cast of the upcoming movie “The High Note, “.
Melanie Griffith has received several awards and nominations throughout her career, including a Golden Globe Award, an Academy Award, and a Tony Award nomination. She has also been involved in various philanthropic efforts, including supporting animal rights organizations and advocating for epilepsy awareness. Despite some personal struggles, Griffith has remained a prominent figure in Hollywood and continues to act in films and television shows.
Early Life, Bio and Education of Melanie Griffith
Melanie was born in Manhattan, New York City, New York, on August 6, 1957, to renowned American parents Peter Griffith and Tippi Hedren.
Tippi is an American actress, former model and animal rights activist, while her father, Peter, was an American advertising administrator and child stage actor with a minimal Broadway appearance.
At the early age of two years, Melanie witnessed his parents’ separation while his father married actress, Nanita Greene. On the other hand, Griffith’s mother married American producer and agent Noel Marshall when she was seven.
Due to the irrevocable circumstances, Melanie spent her childhood and adolescent years living part-time with her mother in Antelope Valley, California and with her father in New York.
Philanthropist and Social activist Melanie Griffith
Richly glamourized for her professional career as an actress and model, Melanie Griffith carries a soul of a hermit as she actively supports raising funds for the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles in a cause like Walk for Kids.
Additionally, Melanie presented the Courage to Care Award at the hospital’s 2012 Noche de Ninos gala.
Melanie Griffith’s Husband, Relationships and Kids
Melanie has been shortly related to Warren Betty during her younger era. She has dated renowned personalities such as Ryan O’Neal, Jack Nicholson and Ricci Martin.
Melanie married American actor Don Johnson in January 1976 for a few years and had their daughter, Dakota Johnson.
Griffith married her second husband, Steven Bauer, in September 1981 and conceived their son, Alexander Griffith-Bauer. The couple called it quits in 1989, shortly before her relationship with Bryan Kestner ended in 1994.
Additionally, Melanie fell in love with renowned actor Antonio Banderas, and the duo took the vow on May 14, 1996. The pair welcomed a daughter from their marriage named Stella del Carmen Banderas on September 24, 1996.
After spending time for almost two decades together, Melanie and Antonio finalized their divorce on December 2015.
Griffith on Instagram
Melanie has amassed substantial followers on her social media platforms, including Instagram and Twitter. However, she is unavailable on Facebook and has uploaded thousands of pictures on her Instagram @melaniegriffith.
Likewise, Griffith has been available on Twitter @MelanieGriffith since December 2011, while her account has received over 124.2k followers as of 2023.
- Melanie Griffith gained prominence as an American actress from her role in the thriller film Body Double.
- At 65, Melanie stands at 5 feet 8 inches and weighs around 63 kilograms.
- The American actress was born to well-off personalities Peter Griffith and Tippi Hedren.
- As of 2023, Griffith is estimated to have a net worth of $40 million.
- She is available on Instagram and Twitter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Melanie Griffith is an American actress known for her roles in movies and TV shows.
Melanie Griffith was born on August 9, 1957.
Melanie Griffith is best known for her roles in the movies Working Girl and Something Wild.
Melanie Griffith has starred in several movies, including Body Double, Lolita, and Buffalo Girls.
Melanie Griffith has appeared in several TV shows, including Hawaii Five-0, Raising Hope, and The Path.
Yes, Melanie Griffith has won several awards for her acting, including a Golden Globe Award for her role in Working Girl.
Yes, Melanie Griffith is active on Instagram and Twitter.
Melanie Griffith’s net worth is estimated to be around $40 million.
Melanie Griffith attended Hollywood Professional School and graduated from Hollywood High School.
Melanie Griffith has been married four times, including to Don Johnson and Antonio Banderas. She is currently single.
Melanie Griffith has three children: Alexander Bauer, Dakota Johnson, and Stella Banderas.
Melanie Griffith is 5 feet 9 inches (175 cm) tall.
As of May 2023, Melanie Griffith’s most recent project is the movie The High Note, in which she played the role of Janice.
Melanie Griffith enjoys art, photography, and fashion. She is also involved in various charitable causes.
No information about Melanie Griffith’s future career plans is available, but she has expressed interest in continuing to work in movies and TV shows.