Who is City on a Hill Star Leon Robinson?
Leon Robinson is an Actor and Singer based in America. People recognize him as David Ruffin from the 1998 television film The Temptations. Leon’s other notable works include Little Richard, Buffalo Soldiers, Ali, The Five Heartbeats, and more. He was a headliner in three American theatre tours and had sold-out performances in NYC, Hollywood, Washington DC and Detroit.
He is the singer-songwriter of Leon and the People, too. For his first CD, The Road Less Traveled, the fifty-nine-year-old artist was nominated for an International Reggae & World Music Award. To learn more about Leon, read below.
|Full Name||Leon Robinson|
|Popular For||His Career|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2023)||61 years old|
|Date of Birth||March 8, 1962|
|Birth Place||New York City, America|
|School/University||Loyola Marymount University, Orange Coast College,|
Mount Saint Michael Academy
|Height||6 feet, 3 inches|
|Weight||Approx. 95 Kg|
|Estimated Net Worth||Approx. $5 Million|
Family and Relationship
|Wife or Girlfriend||N/A|
Leon Robinson, better known as “Leon,” is an American actor and singer. He has appeared in many films, television shows, and stage productions. Here is a detailed biography timeline of Leon Robinson:
- March 8, 1962: Leon Robinson was born in New York City, New York, USA.
- 1981: Leon graduates from high school and attends Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California.
- 1982: Leon makes his film debut in the movie “Tag: The Assassination Game.”
- 1985: Leon lands a supporting role in the movie “The Last Dragon.”
- 1987: Leon releases his debut album, “Leon Sings Love.”
- 1988: Leon stars in “Colors” alongside Sean Penn and Robert Duvall.
- 1991: Leon stars in the film “Cool Runnings” as the character Derice Bannock.
- 1992: Leon stars in the film “Cliffhanger” alongside Sylvester Stallone.
- 1993: Leon releases his second album, “Tell the World.”
- 1994: Leon stars in the film “Above the Rim” as Shep.
- 1997: Leon stars in the film “The Price of Kissing” and releases his third album, “Don’t Rush the Good Things.”
- 1998: Leon stars in the television show “Oz” as Jefferson Keane.
- 2000: Leon stars in the film “Baps” alongside Halle Berry.
- 2003: Leon stars in the film “When Will I Be Loved” and releases his fourth album, “Luv Dancin’.”
- 2004: Leon stars in the television show “Resurrection Blvd.” as the character Hector Santiago.
- 2008: Leon stars in the television show “The Five” as Ethan.
- 2011: Leon stars in the film “The Three Stooges” as the character Teddy.
- 2012: Leon stars in the television show “The Client List” as Garrett.
- 2014: Leon stars in the television show “Survivor’s Remorse” as Reggie Vaughn.
- 2016: Leon stars in the television show “Coolin’ Out” and releases his fifth album, “Love Is a Beautiful Thing.”
- 2021: Leon stars in the film “Beyond the Pole” as the character Easy.
Leon Robinson’s impressive acting career spans several decades, and his musical talent has also made him a notable figure in the entertainment industry. He has worked on numerous projects and has proven to be a versatile and skilled performer.
Age, Height, Birthday, Parents
Leon grew up in New York City, America. His birthday was on March 8, 1962. The actor does not reveal much about his parents or childhood. Robinson is even secretive about his wife, Kirbie. Robinson has an American nationality. He comes of African-American Descent.
Leon stands at six feet, three inches, with an athletic stature. He has black hair and eyes. The weight of this American actor comes to around ninety-five kilograms. Robinson attended Loyola Marymount University, Orange Coast College and Mount Saint Michael Academy and is well-educated. Sources say he loved basketball in school but also developed a liking for creative arts.
Leon is sharing his life with Kirbie Wallace. They exchanged wedding vows in 2017. Leon had a romantic history with Cynthia Bailey. She is his ex-fiancé. Cynthia and Leon had a daughter together. Her name is Noelle Robinson.
Noelle has a good relationship with both of her parents. And Leon is friends with Cynthia. Bailey has her own life with a husband and two children. Their name is Blaze and Porsche Thomas. Leon was in a relationship with Ebony Mclver for some time, too.
Despite being married, Leon does not share much detail about his wife, Kirbie. He prefers to keep his personal life away from the eyes of the public and media. You will find pictures of him with his daughter, Noelle, on Instagram. Over six hundred thousand people follow Leon on Instagram. He updates his fans about his work time and again.
Leon has been working in the entertainment decades for over three decades. He recently completed working in the film A Day To Die alongside Bruce Wilson and Frank Grillo. Currently, Robinson is part of the cast of City On a Hill, a Showtime Drama.
Leon was part of the No. 1 Hallmark film of the year called Time For Us To Come Home For Christmas in 2020. He starred in the International Press Academy nominee film Her Only Choice, which is on Netflix now.
Robinson not only acted but produced the international television show 40 & Single. And he performed brilliantly in musical roles for The Temptations, The Five Heartbeats and Little Richards. Similarly, Leon had sold-out performances at Beacon Theatre in NYC, Fox Theatre in Detroit, Kodak Theatre in Hollywood and Warner Theatre in Washington DC.
He performed in Eric Jerome Dickey’s book Friends and Lovers (2005). Leon performed terrific in 3 Ways to Get A Husband as a soldier alongside Billy Dee Williams. He was in Why Do Good Girls Like Bad Boys in 2012.
Along with his achievements as an actor, Leon accomplished a lot in music. His second album, Love is a Beautiful Thing, came out on the Spectra Music label in 2018. The title track was on Billboard’s Hot Singles Chart. His Single with the same title was on the Culture List by BET/ Centric TV Show.
His estimated net worth of Leon comes to around $ 5 million. He lives a lavish life in America.
- His zodiac sign is Pisces.
- His full name is Leon Preston Robinson IV.
- His song Beautiful was No. 12 on the Billboard chart in 2018.
- AOL Black Voices voted him among the sexiest stars ever in 2009.
- He began his professional career as an actor in the 1980s.
- He got an Emmy nomination for his work in Little Richard.
- He is friends with his ex-wife.
- Find him on Instagram @wwwjustleon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Leon Robinson, often known simply as Leon, is an American actor and singer known for his roles in movies like “Cool Runnings” and “The Five Heartbeats.”
Leon Robinson is 61 years old.
Leon has acted in several films, including “Cool Runnings,” “The Five Heartbeats,” “Above the Rim,” “Waiting to Exhale,” and “The Temptations.”
Yes, apart from acting, Leon is the lead vocalist of the band Leon and the Peoples.
Leon and the Peoples perform in a reggae-soul genre.
Noelle Robinson is Leon’s daughter.
Kribie Wallace is Leon’s wife.
Yes, He sings.
Yes, Leon is of Jamaican descent.
Leon’s estimated net worth is $5 million.
Throughout his career, Leon has received acclaim and nominations for his work. For instance, his band was nominated for an International Reggae and World Music Award in 2007.
Leon was born in New York City, New York, USA.
Yes, Leon has a daughter named Noelle.
Leon began his professional career as an actor in the early 1980s with appearances in various film and television projects.
Leon has appeared in numerous TV shows, including “Oz,” “Resurrection Blvd.,” and “The Women of Brewster Place.”
Yes, Leon played the role of the saintly figure in Madonna’s controversial “Like a Prayer” music video.
Yes, with his band Leon and the Peoples, he has released music, including albums like “The Road Less Traveled.”
Yes, Leon continues to act and perform with his band.