Who is ‘Orange Is The New Black Actress Kimiko Glenn?
Kimiko Elizabeth Glenn is an American actress, singer, and Broadway performer who gained fame for playing Brook Soso in the Netflix series Orange Is the New Black.
She was engaged in the theatres and movies at a very early age.
|Full Name||Kimiko Elizabeth Glenn|
|Popular For||Orange is the New Black|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2023)||34 years old|
|Date of Birth||June 27, 1989|
|Birth Place||Phoenix, Arizona|
|School/University||Desert Vista High School|
|Height||5 feet, 2 inches|
|Weight||Approx. 50 Kg|
|Estimated Net Worth||Approx. $1 million|
Family and Relationship
Kimiko Glenn is an American actress and singer best known for her roles in Broadway productions, television series, and films. She was born on June 27, 1989, in Phoenix, Arizona, and started her acting career at a young age. Here is a detailed biography timeline of her life and career:
- 2008: Glenn made her professional debut in the Off-Broadway production of “Walmartopia.”
- 2011: She landed her first television role in the crime drama series “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.”
- 2013: Glenn made her Broadway debut in the musical “Waitress,” playing the role of Dawn.
- 2014: She appeared in the film “Orange Is the New Black,” playing the recurring role of Brook Soso.
- 2015: Glenn appeared in the film “We Need to Talk About Kevin,” playing the role of Celia.
- 2016: She returned to Broadway in the musical “Paramour,” playing the lead female role of Indigo James.
- 2017: Glenn played the role of Lady Liv in the Netflix animated series “Voltron: Legendary Defender.”
- 2018: She starred in the Broadway production of “The Hardest Part of Love.”
- 2019: Glenn starred in the Netflix series “The Guest Book.”
- 2020: She starred in the Netflix limited series “Social Distance.”
- 2021: Glenn played the role of Dawn in the Broadway production of “Waitress” once again.
Glenn has received critical acclaim throughout her career for performing in various productions. She has also strongly advocated for mental health awareness and LGBTQ+ rights. Glenn’s talent and dedication have made her a rising star in the entertainment industry.
Age, Height, Birthday, Parents
On June 27, 1989, Glenn was born in Phoenix, Arizona, and raised with her sister, Amanda. Her father, Mark, is of Scottish, Irish, and German descent, and her mother, Sumiko, is Japanese, so she holds a multiracial ethnicity.
The beautiful Kimiko is 34 years old and stands five feet two inches tall. She has a fair complexion and looks very charming.
Reflecting on her academic background, She attended Desert Vista High School in Phoenix. Later, she joined Boston Conservatory for a year as a musical theatre major but dropped out as she was cast in the touring company of Spring Awakening.
Regarding her personal life, she is currently dating Sean Grandillo. They began dating sometime in 2015. Sean Grandillo is also an American actor, singer, and musician. He is now 34 years old.
Kimiko frequently shares pictures with her boyfriend on her Instagram account. The couple has completed five years of togetherness with each other now.
While accurate information about her wealth is unavailable, Glenn’s estimated net worth is around USD 1 million. Her income is from acting and singing.
- Kimiko received three Screen Actors Guild Awards for portraying Brook Soso in the Netflix series Orange Is the New Black.
- Kimiko is in a relationship with American actor and singer Sean Grandrillo.
- She comes from a theatre background.
- She’s performed several voice roles, with Ducktales being just one of them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Kimiko Glenn is an American actress and singer renowned for her role as Brook Soso in the television series “Orange Is the New Black” and for her stage roles.
Kimiko Glenn was born on June 27, 1989, in Phoenix, Arizona.
Kimiko is 34 years old as of 2023.
Kimiko stands five feet two inches tall.
Kimiko plays Lena Sabrewing (voice) in DuckTales, an American animated television series.
Kimiko is from Phoenix, Arizona. She currently lives in Los Angeles, California.
Kimiko Glenn’s mother, Sumiko, is Japanese, and Mark, Kimiko Glenn’s father, is Scottish, Irish, and German.
In Orange Is the New Black, Kimiko Glenn played Brook Soso, and in the Broadway musical Waitress, Kimiko played Dawn Williams. In Sony Pictures Animation’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Kimiko Glenn also voiced Peni Parker.
Kimiko Glenn gave her voice to Stefani Stilton in BoJack Horseman.
Yes, Kimiko Glenn has a Southern accent.
Kimiko Glenn is filming Ghosting with Aisha Dee and Kendrick Sampson for a TV movie.
Besides “Orange Is the New Black,” Kimiko Glenn has appeared in “The Babysitter: Killer Queen,” “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” (voice of Peni Parker), and “Liza on Demand.”
Kimiko Glenn has appeared in Broadway’s “Waitress” and “SpongeBob SquarePants: The Broadway Musical.”
Kimiko Glenn began her career in theatre before transitioning to television and film roles.
Kimiko Glenn is of Japanese and Scottish-Irish descent.