Who is David Alvarez?
David Alvarez is a Canadian actor and dancer well known for being among the youthful winners of the Tony Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical. He is additionally known as one of the authentic Billys in the Broadway production of Billy Elliot the Musical.
The Canadian Actor learned dancing with the American Ballet Theatre and was cast the role in the 2021 film West Side Story by Steven Spielberg.
|Best known for being one of the original Billys in the Broadway production of Billy Elliot the Musical
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2023)
|29 year old
|Date of Birth
|May 11, 1994
|6 feet 0 inches (1.83 m)
|70 kg (154 lbs.)
|Estimated Net worth
Family and Relationship
She is a Tony Award-winning performer known for his work in musical theatre. Born and raised in Montreal, Canada, he began dancing at a young age and went on to attend the National Ballet School of Canada. He made his Broadway debut in 2008, playing the lead role of Billy Elliot in the musical of the same name. Here is a timeline of his life and career.
- May 11, 1984: David Alvarez was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- 1993: Began taking ballet classes at the age of nine.
- 2002: He is accepted into the National Ballet School of Canada.
- 2004: Joins the National Ballet of Canada.
- 2006: He and two other boys are chosen to alternate in the lead role of Billy Elliot in the London production of the musical.
- 2008: Makes his Broadway debut in the lead role of Billy Elliot in the musical of the same name, which earned him a Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical.
- 2011: Appears in the off-Broadway production of “The Elementary Spacetime Show” at the Ars Nova Theater.
- 2012: Appears in the New York City Center’s Encores! Production of “Merrily We Roll Along.”
- 2013: Appears in the Broadway production of “On the Town” as the character Ozzie.
- 2015: Appears in the Broadway revival of “West Side Story” as Bernardo.
- 2016: Appears in the Broadway production of “Cagney” as the character Bobby.
- 2017: Appears in the Broadway production of “Bandstand” as the character Johnny Simpson.
- 2019: Appears in the New York City Center’s Encores! Production of “High Button Shoes.”
His impressive talent and versatility have marked His career as a performer and his dedication to his craft. His Tony Award-winning performance in “Billy Elliot” cemented his status as a rising star in musical theatre. He has continued to showcase his abilities in a wide range of productions on and off Broadway. With his talent and passion, He will be a force in musical theatre for many years.
Biography, Family and Education
He came onto this globe on May 31, 1984, in Montreal, Quebec. He was raised in a musical family where his mother, Yanek, was an actress and director of theatre, and his father worked as a professor of biology and chemistry.
The family relocated away from their hometown to San Diego, California, since his father was offered a job at The Scripps Research Institute.
Began his dancing career at three and later attended the National Ballet School of Canada in Toronto. He made his professional debut in the Broadway production of “Billy Elliot the Musical” in 2008, where he played the lead role of Billy. He won a Tony Award for his performance, along with two other young actors who played Billy.
After his success in “Billy Elliot”, went on to perform in other Broadway shows, including “On the Town” and “Mame”. He has also appeared in several television shows, including “Smash” and “Blindspot,” and has worked as a choreographer and director for various productions.
In addition to his acting and dance career, also served in the US Army following two and half years of service with the 25th Infantry Division. He continues to work in the entertainment industry and is known for his talent as a performer and his commitment to a social cause.
Personal Life, Relationships and Kids
As far as publicly available information, there is no indication that He is married or in a public relationship. There is also no known record of His having any children. He may have children and prefers to keep his personal life private.
He is known for being a private person and has not publicly shared much information about his personal life. He is primarily focused on his career as an actor, dancer, and singer and has been actively involved in social causes.
It is common for public figures to have social media accounts to connect with fans and promote their work. He has an official Instagram account and shares update on his upcoming projects and personal insights into his life as a performer. He has garnered over 190k followers, where he updates his work and connects with his fans.
Height and Weight
The successful dancer weighs about 70 kilograms and stands at 6 feet in height. His eye is hazel, and he falls under the zodiac sign Taurus. Born in Montreal, he comes from Cuban heritage ancestry.
He has gained prominence as a professional dancer and Actor, from where he is estimated to yield a net fortune of $4.25 million.
- David was listed among the top 10 young ballet dancers to look out for by Dance Spirit Magazine in 2008.
- He is estimated to hold a net wealth of $4.25 million.
- He is a renowned dancer and Actor born in Montreal, Quebec, to Cuban parents.
- Grew into dancing at a young age and started taking classical ballet lessons at the California Ballet.
- The Canadian Actor stands at 6 feet and weighs around 70 kilograms.