Who is Allen Payne?
Allen Payne, born on July 7, 1968, is an American television and movie star known worldwide for playing Jason Alexander in the 1994 drama film Jason’s Lyric.
Moreover, his outstanding performance in the role of C.J. Payne on the family sitcom Tyler Perry’s House of Payne gained him immense popularity and wealth. Furthermore, people know him for his part as Lance Rodman on NBC’s The Cosby Show during its last two seasons. Apart from this, Payne played roles in many movies, such as Gerald “Gee Money” Wells in the 1991 film New Jack City and Detective Justice in the 1995 film Vampire in Brooklyn. From a young age, he lived in hardship as he was born in the Harlem area of New York City, well known for its high crime rate and poverty.
|Full Name||Allen Payne|
|Popular For||Jason’s Lyric|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2023)||55 years old|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 1968|
|Birth Place||Harlem area of New York City|
|School/University||Pennsauken High School|
|Estimated Net Worth||Approx. $5 Million|
Family and Relationship
Allen Payne is an American actor who has made a name for himself in the entertainment industry through his roles in movies and television shows. Born on July 7, 1968, in Harlem, New York City, Payne began his acting career in the late 1980s and has since become a familiar face on the big and small screens. Here is a timeline of his life and career:
- 1968: Allen Payne was born in Harlem, New York City.
- 1985: Payne graduates from high school and moves to California to pursue an acting career.
- 1988: Payne lands his first acting role in the film “The Cosby Show.”
- 1991: Payne stars in the critically acclaimed film “New Jack City” alongside Wesley Snipes and Ice-T.
- 1993: Payne joins the television show “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” cast as the character Marcus Stokes.
- 1994: Payne stars in the film “Jason’s Lyric” alongside Jada Pinkett Smith and Bokeem Woodbine.
- 1995: Payne stars in the film “A Vampire in Brooklyn” alongside Eddie Murphy.
- 1996: Payne stars in the film “The Walking Dead” alongside Eddie Griffin.
- 1997: Payne stars in “The Perfect Storm” alongside George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg.
- 2001: Payne stars in the television show “All About the Andersons” as the character Anthony Anderson.
- 2006: Payne stars in the television show “House of Payne” as the character C.J. Payne.
- 2011: Payne stars in “35 and Ticking” alongside Tamala Jones and Nicole Ari Parker.
- 2012: Payne stars in “Resurrection” alongside Lela Rochon and Obba Babatundé.
- 2018: Payne appears on the television show “Black Lightning.”
Early Life and Education
Allen was born and raised by his parents, Allen Roberts and Barbara Reeves, in the Harlem area of New York City, which is well known for its high crime rate and poverty.
Allen has to spend his childhood and teens on the streets, roaming around various criminal gangs. Seeing their kid’s condition, they enrolled him in a local acting academy. This marked the turning phase of his life as he found his passion and dedication for performing and decided to get involved in an acting career.
Allen Roberts’ wife, Barbara Reeves, completed her middle schooling with Legendary singer Sam Cooke. There is not much information regarding Allen’s educational qualifications. However, he attended Pennsauken High School, which is located in Pennsauken Township, New Jersey. Apart from this, we cannot find any information about his early life and education. Fans are eager to know about this stuff. We have to wait until Payne reveals his childhood and early life.
He first appeared on television in 1990, where he continuously played the role of Lance Rodman in ‘The Cosby Show’ for two seasons. Later on, the show became the biggest hit show, which also helped Allen rise to fame. Following his dreams and passion, he portrayed many other roles in television series like ‘A Different World’ (1992) and ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,’ which aired in 1992.
Moreover, Allen appeared in many movies, including ‘Double Platinum’ in 1999 and ‘All of Us’ in 2004. He also appeared in an episode of ‘CSI: N.Y. in 2004. He got a chance to play the lead role of Clarence James(C.J.) Payne in the famous sitcom ‘Tyler Perry’s House of Payne.’ There, he played the role of Firefighter continuously for six seasons.
Apart from this, Allen is a versatile actor and has appeared in several films and TV shows portraying various roles. He first appeared in the 1989 movie ‘Rooftops.’
Since then, he has worked regularly in movies, including CB4 (1993), The Perfect Storm (2000), The Walking Dead (1995), 30 Years to Life (2001), and Crossover (2006).
Not much information is known about Allen Payne’s personal life. He wants his family and siblings to live an everyday life far from public and media attention, so he has kept his sibling’s name secret. Allen loves spending time with his family and was very disheartened by the death of his mother, Barbara.
Height, Weight, and Body Measurements
He has an attractive figure with lovely brown eyes, approximately six feet tall. His actual weight is not available on online sources.
Net Worth and Social Media
His acting skills and pleasing personality have gained many fans and followers worldwide. Allen has a substantial net worth of around $5 million, with which he lives a lavish life.
Allen Payne is inactive on social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, etc. He does not share anything regarding his personal life and career. Allen seems to be more focused on his profession.
- On July 7, 1968, Allen Payne was an American television and movie star known worldwide for playing Jason Alexander in the 1994 drama film Jason’s Lyric.
- When Allen was just a kid, he spent his time roaming around various criminal gangs on the streets.
- Allen Roberts’ wife, Barbara Reeves, completed her middle schooling with Legendary singer Sam Cooke.
- Allen has a substantial net worth of around $5 million, with which he lives a lavish life.
- Allen Payne is inactive on social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- From a young age, he lived in hardship as he was born in the Harlem area of New York City, well known for its high crime rate and poverty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Allen Payne is an American actor.
Allen Payne was born on July 7, 1968.
Allen Payne is known for his roles in films such as “New Jack City” (1991), “Jason’s Lyric” (1994), and “The Perfect Storm” (2000). He has also appeared in the television series “House of Payne” and “The Paynes.”
Allen Payne is reported to be around 6 feet tall (183 cm).
Allen Payne is of African-American descent.
Allen Payne’s net worth was estimated to be around $5 million.
Aside from acting, Allen Payne has also dabbled in music. He released a single titled “Can I?” in 1993.
Allen Payne was born in Harlem, New York, United States.
Allen Payne made his film debut in the 1989 movie “Rooftops.”