Who is Aaron Lewis?
Aaron Lewis is an American singer, musician and songwriter best known as the rock band Staind’s lead vocalist and founding member. Staind gained commercial success in the early 2000s with hit songs like “It’s Been Awhile” and “So Far Away.”
In addition to this work with Staind, Lewis has also released several solo albums showcasing his more country and folk-influenced style. With his distinctive and passionate vocals, Lewis has established himself as a respected and versatile musician in the rock and country music scenes.
|Full Name||Aaron Lewis|
|Popular For||He is best known as the lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist and founding member of the nu-metal band Staind, with whom he released seven studio albums.|
Birthday and Zodiac
|Age (As of 2023)||51 year old|
|Date of Birth||April 13, 1972|
|Birthplace||Springfield, Vermont, United States|
|Ethnicity||Italian, English and Welsh|
|School||Longmeadow High School|
|Height||Five ft. 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Weight||81 kg (178 lbs.)|
|Estimated Net Worth||$6 Million|
Family and Relationship
|Siblings||Rachel Lewis, Evyette Lewis, Jesse Lewis|
|Children||Indie Shay Lewis, Nyla Rae Lewis, Zoe Jane Lewis|
Aaron Lewis Biography TimeLine
Aaron Lewis is a singer, songwriter, and guitarist best known as the lead vocalist of the rock band Staind. He has also released several successful solo albums, with his music often focusing on personal themes and issues. Lewis’ powerful voice and passionate lyrics have earned him a dedicated following throughout his career.
- 1972: Aaron Lewis was born on April 13, in Rutland City, Vermont.
- 1995: Lewis formed the band Staind with guitarist Mike Mushok, bassist Johnny April, and drummer Jon Wysocki.
- 1996: Staind released their debut album, “Tormented,” which received critical acclaim in the alternative metal scene.
- 1999: The band released their second album, “Dysfunction,” which reached #1 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart.
- 2001: Staind released their third album, “Break the Cycle,” which debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart and sold over 7 million copies in the US.
- 2002: Lewis released his debut solo album, “Town Line,” which featured the hit single “Country Boy.”
- 2003-2011: Staind released several more successful albums, including “14 Shades of Grey” and “Chapter V.”
- 2011: Lewis released his second solo album, “The Road,” which debuted at #7 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- 2014: Staind announced that they would be taking an indefinite hiatus.
- 2016: Lewis released his third solo album, “Sinner,” which reached #4 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- 2019: Staind reunited for a series of tour dates.
- 2021: Lewis released his fourth solo album, “Am I the Only One,” which features the title track that became a viral hit on social media.
Biography of American Musician Aaron Lewis
Aaron Lewis was born to Jewish parents on April 13, 1972, in Rutland, Vermont. He was raised in a rural area in Massachusetts and began playing the guitar at 16. Lewis attended Longmeadow High School, where he played in several local bands.
After graduating, he briefly attended Western Massachusetts Technical Institute before dropping out to pursue a music career. Lewis comes from a family of artists and musicians; his grandfather was a jazz pianist, and his mother was a choir director. His upbringing in a musical environment helped shape his passion for music and his distinctive singing style.
Professional Career of Aaron Lewis
Aaron Lewis’s professional life started with the formation of the band Staind in 1995. With Lewis as the lead vocalist, Staind gained popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s with hit songs such as “It’s Been Awhile” and “Outside.” Besides his work with Staind, Lewis has also released several solo albums, representing country and folk music influences.
His solo work includes the albums “Town Line”, “The Road”, and “Sinner”. In addition to this musical career, Lewis advocates for veterans’ causes and has performed for numerous military-related events.
Collaborations with top-notch musicians
Throughout his career, Aaron Lewis has collaborated with various musicians and artists. He has worked with country singer George Jones on the song “Country Boy” and with Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit on the cover of “Outside”.
Lewis has also collaborated with the band Godsmack on the song “Serenity” and with the rapper Snoop Dogg on “Loosen Up. In addition, he has performed with the Zac Brown Band and opened for Kid Rock on several tours. These collaborations have allowed Lewis to showcase his versatility as a musician and expand his fan base beyond the rock and country genres.
Personal Life of Aaron Lewis
Aaron is married to Vanessa Lewis, and the couple has three daughters together. They live on a farm in Massachusetts and enjoy spending time outdoors with their animals.
Lewis is known for being a private person and has spoken in interviews about his struggles with anxiety and depression. Offstage, Lewis is a devoted father and husband who values spending time with his family.
Net Worth of Aaron Lewis
Staind’s success in the early 2000s helped establish Lewis as a significant figure in the rock music scene, and his subsequent solo albums have added to his financial success.
Additionally, Lewis has invested in real estate and owns a farm in Massachusetts, which adds to his net worth. Aaron Lewis’s net worth is around $6 million.
Aaron Lewis Social Handles
Aaron Lewis is active on several social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. However, he is no longer active on MySpace.
His Instagram account is @aaronlewismusic, where he has over 139,000 followers. He often shared photos and videos of his family, farm, and music-related events.
On Twitter, his handle is @Aaronleewismusic, and he has over 109,900 followers. He uses this platform to share his thoughts and opinions on various issues and promote music and upcoming shows.
Aaron Lewis also has an official YouTube channel called AaronLewisTV, with over 682,000 subscribers. He posts music videos, live performances, and behind-the-scenes footage from his concerts and recording sessions on this channel.
- Aaron Lewis is a self-taught guitarist who learned to play the instrument at 16.
- He is a vocal supporter of Second Amendment rights and has written songs about gun ownership and firearms.
- Lewis performed with the band Limp Bizkit at Woodstock ’99 and was famously involved in a confrontation with audience members.
- He is a philanthropist and has raised money for various charitable causes, including veterans’ organizations and cancer research.
- Lewis is known for his distinctive tattoos, which include a large tribal design on his upper back and a “13” on his neck.
Frequently Asked Questions
Aaron Lewis is an American musician, singer, and songwriter best known as the lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist, and founding member of the alternative metal band Staind.
Aaron Lewis was born on April 13, 1972, in Rutland City, Vermont, United States.
Aaron Lewis’s music is primarily in the genres of alternative metal, post-grunge, and country.
Aaron Lewis primarily plays guitar and sings vocals.
Aaron Lewis’s net worth is around $14 million.
Some of Aaron Lewis’s most popular songs include “Outside,” “It’s Been Awhile,” “So Far Away,” and “Country Boy.”
Yes, Aaron Lewis has won several awards throughout his career, including multiple Billboard Music Awards and a CMT Music Award.
Yes, Aaron Lewis is married. He has been married to his wife Vanessa since 1999, and they have three children together.
Yes, Aaron Lewis has released several solo albums, including “Town Line,” “The Road,” and “State I’m In.”
Staind is on an indefinite hiatus, and Aaron Lewis has been focusing on his solo career.
Yes, Aaron Lewis is known for supporting several charities, including the Veterans Support Foundation and The Folded Flag Foundation.
You can check Aaron Lewis’s official website or social media pages for information about upcoming concerts and tours.
You can contact Aaron Lewis through his official website or social media pages.
In addition to his music career, Aaron Lewis has dabbled in acting, appearing in films like “The Longshot” and “Roadie.”
No specific upcoming projects have been announced for Aaron Lewis, but fans can stay updated on his career through his official website and social media pages.